If you want to help with making the dolls please follow the steps below. There are photos of the process so you can visualise it. You can send me a message on the ‘contact us’ page if you need to clarify something and when your doll is ready .
Do you want to help us? Very welcome!
What you will need
- A sheet of A4 paper
- Any white or light cream fabric preferably cotton. Could be from old clothes.
- Pins ( if necessary)
- Tacking (basting) thread (if necessary).
- Red thread
- Any reddish fabric preferably cotton.
- Stuffing from an old pillow .
How to make the doll
- Download and print the doll pattern and cut it out.
- Draw round the pattern on a doubled piece of fabric.
- Pin (if necessary) the two layers of fabric together and cut out the doll shapes.
- Sew the two shapes together with large tacking (basting) stitches, just to hold the doubled fabric together (if necessary).
- Sew round edges with red thread. Leave an opening of around 3cm preferably on the inside of one leg to insert the stuffing.
- Turn inside out. You will need the help of something long and thin – perhaps your pen
- Insert the stuffing.It is best to start with the head and arms and to push the stuffing to the ends so they will be ﬁrm.
- Cut the reddish fabric into a circle with 1 cm diameter and insert this not broken heart into the doll. It can assume a diferent shape because it is difficult for it to remain round when we insert it. This is perfectly ﬁne.
- Sew up the opening by hand.
- The doll is ready. It is full of dreams and with a not broken heart. The time, energy and love we spend in making each doll will inspire our generous dreams to come true in the real world.
Download (PDF): dreamsandaheart_doll_pattern